Wednesday, 25 April 2012

San Francisco Bound

Weekend in San Francisco
I'm lucky enough that I have the ability to travel quite often and every couple of months I will travel to the States to visit my boyfriend who lives in San Francisco. Surprisingly, I actually really hate to travel. I always enjoy myself once I reach my destination but I find the packing, the long lines, the crying baby, the rude taxi driver to be a huge pain and an annoyance...alas, the things we do for love.  Anywho, since this is such a short visit, we only plan to visit our favourite places that we know and love.

En Route

I'm a firm believer that whenever you're on a plane you should be comfortable. In fact, for me, this is a must. I tend to wear a lot of layers because I always get cold on the plane. I'm not at all concerned about what I look like because I only ever travel for personal reasons. Once I'm in my seat, the headphones go in, the t.v. comes on and I enjoy 5 hours of movie bliss.


Day 1 - Exploring the City

During the weekend, we like to get up early and have breakfast at the farmer's market. Afterwards we typically head to the aquarium. We have this bizarre shared love of fish and marine animals, so this is always a must in any city. Next a little shopping at Westfield. Surprisingly I don't tend to shop for myself when I'm with my boyfriend. I always feel slightly bad for the men who crowd the store entrance carrying their significant other's coats and purses. So if we do end up shopping, it's usually for him. In the evening we always go out for dinner and drinks. We have reservations at my favourite Greek restaurant, Kokari.  Drool!


Day 2 - Hiking Mt. Tam

We both love to spend time outdoors whenever we're together so we plan on joining a hiking group in the morning at Mt. Tam. The hike is around 3 hours long depending on the speed of the group. If you ever want to stay at night, they also have a star gazing class once a month which is something I would love to try. When we get back to the city, we will likely venture to House, another favourite restaurant of mine and watch a movie. 
Any suggestions?



Day 3 - Napa Valley

Napa is probably one of my favourite places in the world and where I first fell in love with wine. We usually spend the day visiting different wineries and going to a lot of tastings. Usually by mid afternoon we can't tell the difference between the good and bad wine so we like to visit our favourite vineyards first. Wait, is there such thing as bad wine in Napa?
The wineries have some amazing food so stopping at a vineyard for lunch is a must. At night, we like to have dinner in Yountville where you can find some incredible restaurants. I'm hoping we will be lucky enough to get a reservation at Ad Havoc, I've been wanting to visit for a while now.



Items: 1 blazer, 1 cardigan, 1 dress, 2 blouses, 1 sweater, 2 shirt, 1 pair of shorts, 
2 pairs of jeans, 2 necklaces, 1 belt, 1 pair of flats, 1 pair of boots, and 1 pair of sneakers.

Combined this creates 8 outfits in total which fits into my carry-on luggage with room for a mini shopping spree and a couple bottles of wine to take home. Ta-da! It fits!


Out of courtesy, I have decided not to torture my boyfriend with a photo shoot this weekend so I will post outfit looks at a later date with the brands and prices listed. 
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks for following and happy shopping! 


1 comment:

Emma said...

This is one of my favorite posts. Very well done Em.