Monday, 28 May 2012

Black or White




I wanted to do a little tribute to the always classic and chic, black and white ensemble. Something about black and white always seems timeless to me.

My favourite part? I’m wearing a chapeau!  I think I’m going to try to incorporate my hat into my daily wardrobe. I'm not normally a hat person so lets see how long this will last.


I pulled this purse out after years and years of storing it in the back of my closet. Since the bag is made out of canvas, the white portions had obvious signs of aging where the material had oxidized creating a yellow stain.


Since this purse was only $35 I could have thrown it out without feeling too badly about it, but since I love this purse so much, I wanted to try to restore it. I took it to the dry cleaners and asked for a quote for cleaning it and as it turns out, it would have cost way more than what I initially paid for it. Boo-urns.


So I went on a mission to try to clean it myself. After some experimentation and lots of scrubbing, I was able to get it looking brand spanking new. Yay!


I documented this cleaning process with my camera so if you are interested in seeing how I was able to clean my purse for under $6 please comment below.
 

Thanks for following and happy shopping! 


Hat: Mom's - Vintage, Blouse: Joe Fresh - $15, Sweater: J.Crew - $12, Shorts: H&M - $25. Shoes: Zara - $20. Bag: Aldo - $35.

Photo credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Hometown

No comments: