Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Neon Lights


When I was in San Francisco at the end of April, I picked up this Barbie pink jacket (I personally think it's neon pink but I stand corrected). When I asked my boyfriend if he liked it, he responded with “umm….I like you.” Lol, nice. Take notes guys.


This jacket can be a little jarring since it’s such a bright colour but I think it works well when you pair it with neutrals. I love neon, but only in small doses. A neon clutch, ring, sunglasses or shoes make a great statement. I personally would stay away from going neon head to toe. No one wants to look like a walking highlighter right?


I paired this jacket with my neon green necklace which I think works well together. It also adds a little sparkle to my plain t-shirt and pants.


As you all know, Emma is usually the one who photographs me for my outfit posts. Posing for photos definitely does not come naturally to me and it takes a lot of direction and abuse to get the perfect shot. I thought this time around I would share some of the dialogue that goes on behind the scenes. Here are some outtakes:

Emma - "yes...yes...yes...NO! NO! NO!"


Emma - "be a box...become the box"


Emma - "lunge...LUNGE!...fix your face"


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Blazer: H&M - $35, Necklace: H&M - $16, T-shirt: Joe Fresh - $7, Jeans: Gap - $16, Heels: Nine West - $25.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Toronto



5 comments:

Marissa P said...

I LOVE your blazer. It has inspired me to purchase one for myself (in bright turquoise)

Suzie Q said...

The bright pink blazer looks fabulous! I liked how you paired it with gray pants. Your blog is so cute =)

xoxo,
Suzie Q
www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

budgetbrunettes said...

that's so sweet. thanks!

budgetbrunettes said...

yay!

Emma said...

lol...you do take the abuse quite well. But I'm an ART-TIST...I know what I like. "Be a BOX!"