Sunday, 24 June 2012

Brick and Mortar


Since the warm weather is finally here to stay, I wanted to get into some dresses that have been hibernating in the back of my closet. 


This dress came with a belt that was a tad too loose for me. Don't you hate when that happens? I feel like all belts should be adjustable to any size. I'm planning on using it for an upcoming DIY project so it doesn't go to total waste. Instead I chose to cinch my waist with this black ribbon.


This necklace is nostalgic because it was my very first statement necklace purchase. As you know, I have come a long way since then. I picked this up at a little boutique in Ottawa that I can't seem to remember the name of since it was so long ago.


Since I'm always referring to my plethora of necklaces, I thought some of you would be interested in a mini blog showcasing my favourite pieces. Let me know what you think!


In celebration of my birthday, I'm having a very quiet soiree at my favourite vegan restaurant accompanied by a little shopping and drinks downtown. Since my birthday this year falls on a weekday, I'm waiting until the July 1st (Canada Day) long weekend for the big celebration. Who wouldn't want fireworks on their birthday?


Shout out to the bee that chased Emma around in circles and provided me with brief entertainment during this shoot. We managed to get one final shot before we called it quits for the day.


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Dress: Zara - $60, Necklace - $75, Heels: Steve Madden - $45.

Location: Hometown
Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic

4 comments:

-telmasofia said...

You look amazing! I love the colour of your dress*
See my blog and maybe we can follow each other*
xoxo, Chance to change

budgetbrunettes said...

thanks! i look forward to checking out your blog :)

Diana Marks said...

gorgeous look!

If you like my new up and coming blog, follow me on Bloglovin'. Let me know in the comments, so that I can follow you back ;)

LA By Diana Live Magazine

budgetbrunettes said...

i will definitely check out your blog, thanks for commenting!