Thursday, 21 June 2012

Marni Madness


I thought for this post I would talk about my second experience going to a designer-retailer collaboration. Back in March, H&M partnered with Marni to produce a spring line. 


After looking at the line, there wasn’t much I was really interested in except for these necklaces. They aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but I love them because they are so quirky and unique. In all honesty, it feels like I'm wearing a piece of art around my neck.
 

 The line at the store wasn’t too long and the Marni collection was sectioned off in the corner with security and all of the bells and whistles. Everyone got a bracelet indicating what time they could shop at and we were limited to 10 minutes of shopping time. That doesn't sound like much, but given how small the collection was, it was plenty.

 I think the best part of this experience was meeting a whole bunch of people from the industry. While waiting in line I met a local designer, a fashion student and a Fashion Television reporter.


The funniest part was when the reporter overheard our conversation and proceeded to take out a microphone and recorder from her purse and started to interview the local designer on the spot.


 Overall, I had a great time and I'm looking forward to the next collaboration which is with Japanese Vogue Editor Anna Dello Russo. The accessories collection is set to come out in October of this year. I am so excited! Think of all of the necklaces!!


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Necklaces: Marni for H&M - $35 each, Sunglasses: H&M - $13, Sweater: Banana Republic - $35, Tank Top: Joe Fresh - $7, Shorts: Garage - $15, Heels: Nine West - $35.

Location: Toronto
Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic

2 comments:

Wardrobe Girls said...

oh, so so glad that someone else loves marni for h&m as much as i do!!

you look gorgeous

xo,

wardrobe girls

www.wardrobesimetandliked.com

budgetbrunettes said...

oh yay! i bought one more necklace that i'm planning on showing soon. thanks for commenting :)