Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Barnyard Blues


Today’s looks wasn’t planned to be “themed” but after I put this outfit together I thought, what the hell, go big or go home. So here I am at the barn, a perfect back drop to my country chic ensemble. All that’s missing is the pitchfork.


I picked up this checkered top up in preparation for my upcoming Calgary trip. It’s a nice light weight cotton in contrast to the thick flannel that these shirts typically come in which is ideal for summer. It came in a variety of colours and the bonus? It was on sale! So obviously I picked up two. 


This jean skirt is sooo old. I think the last time I wore this was when I was 15. I’m ashamed to admit that I have a matching jean jacket stored somewhere in the back of my closet. I’m not exactly sure why I kept these items around for so long, but I’m glad this skirt gets to see the light of day again. 


I think the reason this skirt has lasted the test of time is because of its classic pencil skirt shape. I find articles of vintage clothing that really work well today are the ones that have a modern silhouette even if the print and fabric are out of date.  


Right now it seems that everywhere I look, everyone is wearing jean from skirts, shirts to jackets. Although I will get some use out this jean skirt during the summer, I’m not sure the jean jacket will be as lucky. Even though it's in mint condition, I just can't see past the fact that the shape overwhelms my petite frame. I think it might be time to part ways. 


Look! A goat! Most of them ignored me but this little guy approached me to say hello. I leave for Calgary tonight but I have some outfit blogs that are scheduled to post while I'm away so make sure you continue to stop by and visit.


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Sunglasses: H&M - $2, Shirt: H&M - $15, Jean Skirt: Dynamite - $40, Necklaces: H&M - $20, Bracelet: Thrift - $9, Heels: Japan.

Location: Hometown
Photo Credit: Mom

8 comments:

lesley kim said...

Gorgeous gingham print top. I love your hometown.. so cozy looking!

Do you want to follow each other?
xoxo
lesleykim.blogspot.com
LesleyKim

tini-tani said...

This post are great! You are very beautyful! Lets follow each other. If you agree let me know!

Taylor Morgan said...

very cute outfit!

xoxo,
Taylor

taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com

Kathleen Lisson said...

This outfit is too cute for a visit to a farm.

budgetbrunettes said...

thanks!

budgetbrunettes said...

lol, probably not the most practical. thanks!

budgetbrunettes said...

thanks!!! that is so sweet. i really like your blog, i will definitely continue to check it out.

@Yorugu said...

Can't wait to see more!