Friday, 27 July 2012

Blue Jeans


I’m currently obsessed with the Born to Die album by Lana Del Rey. The track Blue Jeans is on repeat from the time I enter the office to the time I leave.  Inspired, I thought I would jazz up a simple pair of blue jeans and white shirt. These are staples that practically everyone has in their wardrobe. Since it's 40 degrees, I decided to forego the jeans and opt for jean shorts instead.



A denim trend that I really love is this chambray shirt. It’s a casual tom-boyish alternative to a cardigan and can be worn in so many different ways. After months of looking for one in a very light colour, I finally found one at Zara.


This is more than I would typically spend on a buttoned down shirt, but since this particular colour and fit was so hard to find, I decided that it was a good purchase. I decided to pair my new chambray with my jean shorts to showcase a denim-on-denim ensemble.


Another great find from Zara was this neon pink necklace. After bouncing back and forth between the hot pink and hot yellow option, I decided to go with the pink version since I already own a necklace in a similar yellow colour. I think they look awesome layered like this, almost as if it were one large statement necklace.



Blue jeans, white shirt
Walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn
It was like, James Dean, for sure
You're so fresh to death & sick as cancer
You were sorta punk rock, I grew up on hip hop
But you fit me better than my favourite sweater and I know
That love is mean, and love hurts
But I still remember that day we met in December, oh baby!


- Blue Jeans, Lana Del Rey


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

T-shirt: Zara - $15, Top: Zara - $60, Shorts: H&M - $20, Necklaces: Zara - $25, H&M - $16, Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters - $10, Sandals: Lui Chiny - $22.

Location: Hometown
Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic



1 comment:

Marissa P said...

Wow Love the sandals! Liu Chinny rocks!