Monday, 2 July 2012

Calgary Calling


This weekend I’m heading to Calgary to visit a friend who recently got engaged. I’ve been promising her for years that I would come down to visit and I finally have the time. The 100 year anniversary of the annual Calgary Stampede will be occurring while I’m there which is a huge event showcasing rodeos, concerts, cowboys and beer. Although I’m eager to take part, I’m even more excited for the days we plan on camping in Banff.

Alright, so what do I bring for 3 days at the Calgary stampede and 3 days of camping? Lots and lots of flannel and jeans!!!! I’m totally dressing as a stereotypical cowgirl hick and not reflective of true Calgarian style but oh wells, I'm just having fun with it.

So without displaying my shoes, swimsuits and other accessories, here are the clothing options I’m planning on bringing that will easily translate from city to camping chic:

Calgary Stampede and City Touring


 

 

 

Since I’m planning on bringing some of my camping equipment with me, I don’t plan on bringing a lot of clothing options. And in all honesty, when you're camping, you only care about being comfortable, not fashionable.  Everything you wear will eventually be covered in dirt and heavily scented by campfire anyways. An added challenge is that although Alberta can get quite hot during the summer days, camping at night can be very very cold so I packed a lot of layers to keep me warm.

Camping in Banff

 

 

 

Items: 1 vest, 4 long sleeve shirts, 1 cardigan, 2 dresses, 2 tshirts, 1 tank top, 2 sweaters, 2 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of sweatpants, 3 necklaces, 1 bracelet and1 pair of earrings.

Combined this creates at least 12 outfits which fits into my luggage with lots of room to spare for camping equipment. I left some space for what I’m hoping will be a pair of cowboy boots for the way back.  I mean, it wouldn’t feel like a successful trip without at least one shopping purchase right? I'm planning on taking a couple of photo shoots while I'm there so I will update you on my travels when I get back.

Thanks for following and happy shopping!

No comments: