Tuesday, 24 July 2012

I Scream, You Scream


Rummaging through my mom’s closet the other day (desperately trying to avoid the malls), I found this fantastic skirt. I fell in love with it immediately. The down side? Since this is a vintage piece, the skirt comes down to my midcalf which was quite common back then but not ideal for a girl of my height. SIGH. Curse these stubby legs!


After falling in love with the skirt, I was determined to make it work. I decided to wear it with a blouse that I could knot at my midriff to shorten the length of my torso. So instead of my legs starting at my hips, they look like they start above my belly button.


This necklace was chosen for a dual purpose: first and foremost, because it is glorious. Second, to take some focus off of my bottom half. Distracting people with sparkles tends to do the trick... well, at least for me it does.


In order to elongate my legs even more, I grabbed my platform nude heels. Ok, that was a lot of work! I hope my outfit doesn’t look too meticulously thought-out but effortlessly chic and thrown together instead. Now go away, I'm trying to enjoy my ice cream!


Just Kidding!

Thanks for following and happy shopping!


Top: Japan, Skirt: Mom's - Vintage, Necklace: Stella & Dot - $225 (now on sale for $198), Heels: Nine West - $25.


Location: Hometown
Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic

1 comment:

Alfred P said...

My favourite blog post from you to date! You've reached a new high!