Monday, 9 July 2012

Niagara Vineyards


I took advantage of the Canada Day long weekend and stopped by a couple of vineyards in the Niagara escarpment with some friends. Luckily it was a beautiful day so we spent plenty of time outside enjoying the sunshine, the scenery and of course, the wine.


This picture sums up how I feel about wine country and wine tasting for that matter. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. *spins and twirls*


This was the first visit of the year so I was really excited. Visiting the Niagara vineyards is an annual summer trek for me. I like to stock up on enough wine to last me through to December. I’m not the kind of person who can randomly pick up a bottle off the shelf. I always end up picking the bottles that I’ve had before or the ones with the prettiest labels.  Not very scientific I know, so wine tasting and purchasing straight from the winery makes sense.


If you haven’t been to the Niagara vineyards, I would definitely recommend it. Although Canada is most known for our ice wine, we have some great Rieslings and other white wines that can hold their own internationally.


I always make it a point to visit some of my favourite wineries and check out a couple of new ones. This trip included two favourites, Malivoire and Vineland and two new ones, Megalomaniac and Tawse.


So what made me this happy?

Good weather + good wine + good friends = good day.


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Dress: FCUK - $45, Top: Esprit - $5, Sunglasses: H&M - $12, Necklace: Forever 21 - $7 each, Ring: Forever 21 - $7, Shoes: Japan.

Location: Niagara 
Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic

1 comment:

Mark Bullock said...

Very summery - I love the yellow!