Friday, 3 August 2012

Casual in Calgary


As you know, I went to Calgary in July to visit a friend who I have been meaning to visit for awhile. We ended up spending the majority of our time camping in Banff which was completely fine by me. I love to camp! Bring on the nature, camp fire and toasted marshmallows!




I had a whole series of photo shoots planned during this trip but decided against it for three reasons: no time, too lazy and was having too much fun. 



So instead, I decided that I would showcase some of my favourite photos from my trip that display the beautiful scenery and my very practical ensemble that is better suited for a blog called Comfy and Casual…aka, what I would prefer to wear all day but don’t because society judges me.




Whitewater rafting down Kicking Horse River was by far my favourite part of the trip. Despite this being my first time rafting, I did it like a warrior. You don’t want to mess with me, my face says it all (I circled myself in red). ROAR! 



We took a 14K hike up the mountains and slid down some parts in our makeshift sled from a backpack. Who would have thought you could hike through snow in the middle of July. I love this place! Clearly using my pro-star modelling skills here. Working the camera like nobody’s business…


Calgary Stampede highlight involves me eating THIS!!!!!! Cotton candy galore. Other stampede grounds intake during the day: poutine, lemonade, nachos and cheese. Just so you know, I ate this thing entirely by myself. I was swatting away eager hands claiming there wasn't enough to share. 



Check out these new beauties. I bought a pair of cowboy boots as a souvenir to add to my ever growing collection of boots. Although this was an expensive purchase, it was completely worth it. They are simple enough to easily combine with anything in my current wardrobe. Bonus: beyond comfortable!



All in all, I had the most amazing time with some of my closest friends. The weather was gorgeous, the food was amazing and the scenery was breath taking. I will definitely be back soon. I would also like to say Happy Birthday to Emma before signing off!

Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Location: Banff, Calgary
Photo Credit: Combination of Friends







1 comment:

Tanishaqua said...

Mmm mmm gurl. Love them outfits. Where u get em at? Holla at ur gurl