Thursday, 27 September 2012

Transitioning with Tweed


Last week, I attended a birthday dinner after work and I thought it would be a good opportunity to share what I wore. Since it was almost sunset, Emma and I spent a good amount of time running around city high rises chasing the sun before it set behind some buildings.


If you work in a business casual environment like myself, a tweed jacket is a great transition piece from day to night. It takes an outfit that is seemingly casual like my pants and blouse and adds a little sophistication and interest.
 

I first came upon this jacket after a blogger that I follow, Extra Petite reviewed it on her blog. I was immediately drawn to the Chanel-like look of the jacket and even more so, happily surprised by the price tag - merely a fraction of what a real Chanel tweed retails for. For a thorough review see here


When I received the jacket in the mail from UniQueen, to my surprise I noticed that it was fairly heavily lined for a tweed blazer. This may feel a tad bulky to some but it is beneficial during the colder months so I tend to wear mine as a jacket rather than a blazer.

 

UniQueen doesn't seem to be selling this version of the jacket anymore but they have some other equally amazing options available in petite sizing hereFor a thorough review of the alternatives see here


I'm thinking about picking up another jacket but can't seem to decide on a colour. I'm thinking of cream, black or brown. Thoughts?

Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Jacket: UniQueen - $93, Blouse: Jason Wu for Target - $20, Jeans: Gap - $16, Flats: Sterling - $30, Ring: BCBG - $8, Purse: Thrift - $4.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Toronto





2 comments:

BlackSheepAgenda said...

I say go with Brown - Black won't show the deails as well and the cream is more of a spring colour (although I'm sure it's lovely!)

budgetbrunettes said...

Thanks for commenting!