Monday, 22 October 2012

Autumn Countryside


I finally got around to doing some fall inspired looks this weekend. I wanted to go where there would be lots of pretty tress, so... off Emma and I went to the countryside!

I absolutely love taking drives in the country especially at this time of the year.  I was a little worried that the trees may be somewhat bear since we are approaching the end of October but I think we managed to catch the leaves at their peak.


As beautiful as the countryside is, it was a little depressing to see suburban construction impeding on the farm lands. It wasn’t so long ago that the lots built for new homes were fields and forests. Tear.


Inspired by the reds, orange and yellows I wanted to pull out this cranberry orange sweater that I purchased last year (see post here). When I first received this sweater in the mail, I was a little surprised to see how bright of an orange it was, but given that I tend to stick to darker colours in my fall/winter attire, I thought it would be a good addition to my wardrobe.


This outfit epitomizes how I do casual: layers, comfy pieces, and blue jeans. As always, I wanted to add a little sparkle to my look so I brought out my gold and resin necklace that by happy coincidence, also reflected the yellow leaves.


The spot where we took this shot is actually a field crop in the middle of nowhere. We spotted it as we drove by and decided that it would provide the perfect back drop to this looks so we pulled over to the side of the road, did a quick change behind the car, trespassed onto private property and walked through mud (in  5 inch heels mind you) to get these shots. I think the end result was worth the effort don’t you?


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Location: Hometown
Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Jacket: Zara - $70, Sweater: J.Crew - $12, Necklace: Stella & Dot - $70, Jeans: Garage - $20, Boots: Steven Madden - $85, Bag: J.Crew - $14.


No comments: