Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Garden Party


This past weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving which meant three days spent in my pajamas eating copious amounts of food…not really different from any other weekend, except for this weekend I got to eat TURKEY (yum!).


I'm not going to try to fool anyone - I do not cook dinner looking like this. In fact, as my friends will tell you it is usually a battle to get me out of pajamas for a dinner party but I thought, for the sake of this blog, I would pull it together and wear this outfit which I think is both appropriate and forgiving.


I picked this dress up from the Zara summer sale that I discussed here, and this was the first time I had a chance to wear it. The benefit of this dress is the tulip skirt, which not only gives me that the hour glass figure that I so badly need, but hides that post-dinner food baby belly that has a tendency to appear...i.e., perfect for Thanksgiving!

 

While we were making dinner, we encountered a slight problem halfway through the process and had to use a punching bag to hold our oven door shut with far too many baking dishes in it. This, I'm sure, is not part of Martha Stewart's Thanksgiving rendition. See picture here


Since we were cooking for a small group, we bought a half turkey which the butcher cut directly through the center. The dilemma we had was how do you stuff a half turkey? In my world – cooking stuffing on the side is not an option so I was going to figure out a solution somehow...


The only thing I could think of was cooking the turkey upside down, which meant that the cavity created a little bowl for the stuffing which I then covered with bacon to secure it in place.  Outcome? Deliciousness. See picture here. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend too! I say, let's do it again in November in honour of our U.S. friends.


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Dress: Zara - $40, Bag: Mom’s – Vintage, Heels: Nine West - $30, Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters - $10, Necklace: A Gift.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Toronto

No comments: