Monday, 29 October 2012

Save vs. Splurge Series - Eyes Volume II


Audrey Hepburn, Camilla Belle, Elizabeth Taylor, Lily Collins, Brooke Shields - 
What do these women have in common? 
KILLER eyebrows!

In our second volume of our Save vs. Splurge Series (see Volume I here), we are going to discuss the tools that I use to groom my eyebrows.  I won't go into the importance of maintaining well groomed eyebrows, all I have to say is, no one wants a Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman situation on their hands....


I try to keep my eyebrows tweezed and voluptuous at all times. However, when those babies start getting a little sparse (usually from stress) a girl needs a little help filling them in! So instead of spending tons of cash on what is essentially densely pigmented eye shadow, I grab the set below. 

Essence Eye Brow Kit - $3.49

This set comes with two colours so you can mix and get the perfect shade (which should be a few shades lighter than the colour of your natural eyebrows). It also comes with three stencils in case you have a hard time finding where your arch should be. I like using shadow instead of pencil since I find it gives a more natural look. 

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer - $38.00, 1 oz.; 
Urban Decay Primer Potion - $24.00, 0.37 oz.

Although I like to save on eyebrow filler, I do splurge on a good primer for the eye lid and under eye area. Both products above come highly recommended.  A minuscule amount of product goes a long way. The primer goes on smoothly, dries quickly, doesn't  crease your eye shadow and will last through a whole night of dancing (even if the rest of your face doesn't... I know this from experience unfortunately).  As a side note, if you are sensitive to silicone, I would opt for UD’s primer potion.  Have you tried any of these products out? Let us know below!

Thanks for following and happy shopping!

No comments: