Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Downtown Princess


A while back I wrote a tips and tricks post on shopping designer retailer collaborations featuring Anna Dello Russo and H&M (read here) and I thought it was about time I shared my shopping experience with you.  


On the day of, I arrived an hour before the doors opened and I was a little surprised to see that the line was a lot shorter than I expected. I’m not exactly sure why that was, perhaps the lack of marketing? Or perhaps people weren't interested in an accessories collection? I didn’t give it too much thought at the time because that just meant there would be more choices for me. 


Going into the store I had a list of “must have” items that I followed…for the most part. Some of the things on my list that I expected to look amazing were sub par in person and other items that I discarded online were outstanding, like this pair of emerald earrings that I’m wearing above.


These earrings came with a matching emerald necklace that I also picked up but will probably never wear together because I think wearing matching jewellery items looks a little well…tacky…My general rule of thumb when pairing items not exclusive to jewelery is that pieces should "go" not "match." Does that make sense?


Since I was one of the first 25  customers, I got an Anna Dello Russo key chain, which lets be honest, I will never use, but hey, thanks for the freebee H&M. A friend of mine wanted to check out the collection so I went back with her during lunch the same day and many of the items were still there apart from some highly coveted luggage pieces and crocodile sunglasses (which I scored, thank you very much).


All in all, I thought that this was a great collaboration. Short lines, really organized and lots of choices. It may not have been everyones cup of tea but for the girls who have a jewellery obsession (like yours truly) this partnership was one of the best. 


The next collaboration I’m looking forward to is the Target-Neiman Markus collaboration that will launch on December 1st of this year. Why partner with just one designer when you can partner with a whole luxury department store, right? This holiday collection will feature big players like Alice + Olivia, Carolina Herrera, Derek Lam, Diane Von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Proenza Schouler, Robert Rodriguez, Rodarte, Tory Burch and more! 24 in total to be exact.


This drool worthy collection will consist of 50+ items that range between $8 and $500 from men's clothing, children's clothing, electronics, home goods and accessories for pets?! Amazing. I think I might be more excited for this event than opening presents on Christmas morning, I'm definitely  checking this out and I expect to see all of you there.

Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Dress: H&M - $50, Earrings: Anna Dello Russo for H&M - $30, Jacket – Japan, Boots: Locale - $35, Bag: Mom's - Vintage.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Toronto

No comments: