Monday, 5 November 2012

Leading Role: The Sequined Mini


For this post, I wanted to bring a little drama to the daytime, so I decided to showcase this gold sequined mini skirt that I bought last year during the holiday season.


As you all know I have an unrelinquishing soft spot for sequins so despite the fact that I was not exactly in need of a sparkly mini, somehow it found its way home with me. 


With a little magic (also known as "trial and error") this clubbing staple became the foundation for an everyday chic and stylish look. Result? An ensemble worthy of 4-5 days worth of outfit repetition.


In order to play down the skirt, I decided to pair it with my over sized sweater and a plain white t-shirt.  I love the juxtaposition of these styles since it creates a sort of ying-yang balance throughout the outfit; casual and formal, tight and bulky, sparkly and muted.


I'm really enjoying the fact that Halloween has come and gone and there are still plenty of leaves kicking around. It makes for a gorgeous backdrop. Notice how the yellow foliage matches my scarf? I call that serendipity (good word, bad movie).


Now that we are into November, I really cant get away with going bare legged anymore (brrr) so be prepared to see a lot more hosiery. One nice thing about the influx of cold weather is that I now have an excuse to toss the razor and go into hibernation mode for the next 5 months...I'm just kidding...half kidding.


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Sweater: Uncle's - Vintage, Scarf: Mom's - Vintage, T-Shirt: Joe Fresh - $7, Skirt: H&M - $35, Tights: Mom's - Vintage, Heels: Nine West - $20, Earrings:  Kenneth Jay Lane - $120.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Hometown


No comments: