Wednesday, 7 November 2012

The Hobbit House


So what to do with all those summer dresses that have no use in your fall/winter attire? Let them collect dust for the next 5 months? I say NO! I refuse to be a victim of cold weather and neither should you.


I tried to incorporate a little colour into this attire. The problem is that the only pieces in my wardrobe that have bright colours are summer items. During this time of the year, I naturally gravitate towards darker muted colours. A habit that I’m trying to break myself out of.


So for this fall look, I paired this dress which was last showcased in this previous post here, with the only sweater that I own that is of a bright colour. Luckily, this cranberry orange went perfectly with the orange and red flowers in my dress.


In order to play down the colour, I thought it would be best to have everything else neutral, like these black boots. The reason I love them so much is that they have an adjustable strap on the side which means they can be customized to your calf size, which in my case, is almost non existent.


You are probably wondering what we are standing in front of. On our drive through the country side…I noticed this cute little building from a distance that Emma and I lovingly refer to as the hobbit house. It’s actually a polish orthodox catholic church. So not at all a hobbit house...not sure what would characterize this building as a hobbit house but lets just pretend it holds hobbits for the sake of this post.


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Jacket: Japan, Dress: Forever 21 - $20, Sweater: J.Crew - $12, Tights: Mom's - Vintage, Boots: Steve Madden - $105.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Hometown

No comments: