Monday, 19 November 2012

Tree of Light


Over the weekend Emma and I attended a Christmas festival in our hometown and stumbled upon this silver tree covered in white lights. Christmas trees are popping up all over the city but I think this has got to be the best the one I’ve seen yet.


I look forward to Christmas all year round but this year I’ve been so busy with work and prepping for school (I'm starting in January 2013) that I’ve been too stressed to give it much thought. 


But somewhere between the carollers, bonfire, Christmas vendors and kettle corn my small heart grew three sizes that day – a Christmas movie reference. If you don’t know which one I’m referring to then you’re probably a lot cooler than I am. 


Now to the outfit - I wanted another excuse to showcase these maroon tights that I featured in a recent post here, but this time around I decided to pair it with pieces that I thought were completely unexpected such as leather shorts, a skull blouse and a ski vest. 


I realize how ridiculous that sounds in theory but c’mon, don’t you think it works? I think that the reason this outfit works so well is because all of the items apart from the tights are neutral so they aren’t competing with each other. If I were to have added some colour somewhere else I think that would have been a tad too much. It’s a delicate balance this styling thing I do.


This skull blouse was another gem I found at my local Winners. Eventhough its one size too big on me I had to have it. How often do you come across blouses with skulls on them? I feel like this “skull” obsession might be a recurring theme as of late – see previous blog here.


As gorgeous as this tree is during the day, its even more beautiful at night so I drove back once the sun set and snapped a couple more pics. If this doesn’t bring warmth to your heart then, you just might be dead inside. Just kidding…not really.


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Blouse: Winners - $17, Vest: Esprit - $35, Shorts: Forever 21 - $22, Tights: Vintage – Mom’s, Necklace: H&M - $16, Zara - $25, Boots: ASOS - $36, Sunglasses: H&M - $2.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Hometown


4 comments:

Fash Boulevard said...

Adore the red tights. You look stunning. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Jayme said...

You’re so chic! So pretty…and you have such a great sense of style.
Love your legs in the red tights………You match perfectly…everything you wear…… Reminds me of my ballet days as a child
I grew up in tights, being in ballet for 13 years. In fact, mom raised me rather androgynously, so I also wore tights under big sweaters and hip length tunics and such around the house growing up. Your lovely look reminds me of all those days….epsecially when the delivery man would come and I’d meet him at the door and he’s refer to me as Miss……
Oh, by the way, I’m a guy…and I love fashion as much as I love dance.
I’m traveling in Europe this fall,
It looks like you have the same affinity for tights as I have…..

I’ve been raving to my new friends about how much I love the tights/shorts look, so they encouraged me to try it myself…
and I have in a big way,….. denim cutoffs, high waisted shorts, leather shorts like yours...even a romper…….
I will following your blog religiously….. thanks for sharing your lovely taste and your beauty

budgetbrunettes said...

Thanks Jayme, that is so sweet. I'm so glad I found someone who loves pairing shorts and tights as much as I do. Have a great time in Europe and thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you guys.

budgetbrunettes said...

Thanks! Your blog is fab.