Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Visiting Nathan


After taking some much needed time off, I’m back in the city and adjusting to the cold flurries we've had as of late. I’m not exactly sure why I live all the way up here given how many cities just a little down south are experiencing summer temperatures right now. Curse those west coast California fashion bloggers and their endless amounts of sunshine!


As you know, since I live in Toronto, Emma and I don’t have the luxury of shooting in temperate weather all year round. One of our most memorable photo shoots was me, in an early fall appropriate ensemble shivering my butt off as the thermometer dropped to 1°C. Suffice it to say, there was a lot of cursing involved.


So, on this not so warm day, I bundled up in my warmest leather jacket and draped myself with this turquoise scarf. I think scarves make the biggest impact when it comes to warmth. I love this one because not only is it soft and large and warm, but the colour is quite vibrant so it pops on this otherwise muted ensemble. 


The only good thing that comes with freezing temperatures is snow, so if we have to continue to endure this weather let’s hope there is white blanket on the ground just in time for Christmas.



Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Jacket: Danier Leather - $230, Sweater: Banana Republic - $15, Pants: Gap - $16, Scarf: Smart Set - $10, Earrings: Stella & Dot - $40, Clutch: BCBG - $40, Boots: ASOS - $36, Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters - $10.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Toronto, Nathan Phillips Square

5 comments:

Floortje van Cooten said...

I really like your blog dear!
Keep up with the great work! :)

XO

jamie-lee said...

I love that while your outfit is made up of muted tones, you really made it pop with the turquoise scarf. Looking gorgeous!

budgetbrunettes said...

thanks!

budgetbrunettes said...

thanks, it's my new favourite scarf :)

Olga Zgonnik said...

I love the constant pop of colors you always add to your outfits! lovely blog!

want to follow each other? :)

www.anightinnyc.blogspot.com