Monday, 31 December 2012

Reasons to Celebrate



We have two reasons to celebrate today - First, it's New Years Eve and second, this just happens to be our 100th post! I can't believe we managed to produce one hundred posts in less than a year. It wasn't so long ago when we feared that we didn't have any more outfits to showcase. 


Tonight I’ll be celebrating the New Year with my friends, hopefully in pyjamas and a glass of champagne playing Cranium and Pictionary. Since I didn’t think a pyjama ensemble was appropriate for this blog, I decided to dress in something more traditional for a New Years Eve party, like this blue sequinned dress that I have yet to wear out. I've been waiting for that perfect occasion so its been hanging in my closet for awhile.  


Since we’re wrapping up the year, I thought it was only appropriate to share our goals for 2013 with you. I haven’t had the best track record in terms of keeping my resolutions in the past, but this year I actually managed to keep a couple. 


One resolution that I’m particularly proud of keeping is dedicating more time to my interests which evolved into the development of this blog. Although it started as a solo adventure, joining forces with Emma half way through the year was a good way to not only produce more content but to introduce other topics that I’m in no way an expert (health and beauty). Plus, having your best friend share in your hobby just makes thing more fun.


Next year, we decided that we are going to start introducing videos to our blog. We’ve been talking about this for a while but we haven’t formally hashed out the details.  We’re brain storming some ideas at the moment so we're hoping to get our first one out by March. If there are any particular topics that you would like us to cover please let us know below.


The second goal is to be more consistent with other social media sites under the Budget Brunettes name. We would like to build our readership and gain followers so please don’t forget to follow us on facebook, twitter and pinterest.



Lastly, we would like to thank our readers who continue to read our blog and especially to those who leave comments. We very much appreciate your feedback and your kind words give us motivation to continue to produce more content. I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year and we look forward to touching base in 2013.

Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Dress: FCUK - $45, Jacket: H&M -$45, Heels: Nine West - $35, Earrings: Claires - $16.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Toronto






1 comment:

Vivian said...

Congrats on the 100th post! What an amazing year it has been and so many wonderful outfits. I really enjoyed all your posts, each time I read it, it reminds me of the days when you were my personal fashion adviser. Now the world can share your talent. :)