Monday, 3 December 2012

Sunset Vineyards


As the sun was setting behind the mountain, I decided to do a quick outfit change for dinner. I kept within the same colour family as my day-time outfit (see post here) but added a few more feminine touches appropriate for a dinner date with my man friend.


This necklace is probably my favourite piece in my jewellery collection because not only is it stunning, but it’s also super easy to dress up and down. For this outfit I decided to keep the necklace understated by letting it peek out from under my blazer.


As you probably know, I love touring vineyards and I try to do so whenever I have a chance to get away. I’ve been to a couple of great places in Europe and Canada but Napa Valley is probably my top wine destination. 


It was actually five years ago in Napa Valley where I first fell in love with wine. Before then, I was really reluctant to have any kind of alcohol that wasn't packed with sugar, but after my first wine tasting - at a good winery, I was hooked. You will always remember your first. For me it was a bottle of off-dry Johannesburg Riesling by V. Sattui.


There were a lot of restaurants nearby that are BYOB so if you pick up something you like during the day, you can drink it with dinner that night. We found some really great sparking Muscatos during our wine tour so I picked up some bottles for our Christmas/New Years celebration.


On a side not, the necklace that I'm wearing here from Stella & Dot is now on sale for $198 and right now, for every $50 you spend in December, you earn $25 to spend in the New Year. If you're like me (a budget conscious gal with an unrelenting weakness for neck candy) and are on the fence about purchasing, this is probably the nudge you needed, huh? I like to help when I can.

Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Blazer: Nautica - $65, Dress: Urban Outfitters - $20, Necklace: Stella & Dot - $225, Heels: Nine West - $20, Sunglasses: H&M - $2.

Location: Napa Valley
Photo Credit: Dream

17 comments:

Floortje van Cooten said...

I really like your blog dear!
Keep it up, you do a great job!

XO

Milex said...

I am speechless this time, love

Rachel Jensen {Da Paura ♥} said...

Such a lovely outfit.

cmichellestyles said...

Your ensemble is gorgeous n' your surroundings are beautiful!
*Besos*
http://www.cmichellestyles.com

fashioningmylife said...

Love the necklace!
RocĂ­o
fashioningmylifeindc.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

Beautiful shots!

kirstyb said...

such pretty pics

budgetbrunettes said...

so sweet!

budgetbrunettes said...

thanks!

budgetbrunettes said...

thanks!

budgetbrunettes said...

:)

budgetbrunettes said...

thanks!

budgetbrunettes said...

merci!

Valentina Coco said...

Beautiful pics!!!!!
WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
bloglovin follower

style guide.L A M said...

Beautiful dress and necklace! :) Love your blog!
Please stop by my blog if you have a chance :)

xoxo, Tiffany
http:/lamstyleguide.blogspot.com

budgetbrunettes said...

thanks! emma is a great photographer

budgetbrunettes said...

will do, thanks for leaving a comment