Monday, 14 January 2013

Shades of Grey



Despite the warm weather conditions we have been seeing recently (15°C in mid-January), today we bring you, winter. It is SUPPOSED to be winter after all and nothing says freezing cold me quite like bundling up in fur...faux of course! 


Sorry to all of you fur lovers, but I am taking an official stance. After all, it's just fashion and, while I love it, I believe that there is no need for innocent animals to be killed for it. This coat is really warm and soft and is not nearly as temperamental or as hard to maintain as real fur.


I picked this coat up from Winners last year and was immediately drawn to the different shades of grey in this jacket. The multiple shades add dimension to the jacket in addition to the fur texture. 


I decided to go monochromatic with this look paring my faux fur with other black, silver and grey items in my wardrobe. These textured neutrals are contrasted by the bright red shade of lipstick on my lips.


Behind the scenes a woman stopped us mid shoot to take photographs of my outfit and was adamant that she get the perfect shot which meant directing me for the next ten minutes. Emma found this hysterical so she of course started taking pictures of her taking pictures of me. At least we know there is one person out there who is a fan of this ensemble.


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Faux Fur Coat: Winners - $100, Sweater: RW&Co - $35, Jeans: Gap - $16, Boots: ASOS - $36, Earrings: Stella & Dot - $40, Clutch: BCBG - $20, Gloves: Mom's - Vintage.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Hometown



No comments: